Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bayou City Fellowship - First Sunday

Mike and I attended the "inaugural" service for Bayou City Fellowship this morning. It was wonderful! Very well attended, too. I had never heard Curtis speak before - he is great! Very engaging; laid-back; funny!! Mike was a bit embarassed for all of his LOL moments, but we weren't the only ones cracking up. It is nice being a newcomer when everyone else is, too. We didn't feel overly self-conscious. It was weird recognizing so many people that I follow online but have never met. I almost feel like a stalker - I feel like I know them personally, but they have no idea who I am. Not that I'm anybody, but still.

So Curtis is starting with a message series on 1 Peter. Ha! Anyone who is speaking about Peter is definitely going to have Mike's attention. This first message was mostly an introduction about Peter but with (of course) 3 main points:
-1-Jesus interrupts our lives by getting into our stuff (material things), i.e. Peter's boat.
-2-Jesus interrupts our lives by getting into our business (what we think we know), i.e. Peter's fishing expertise.
-3-Jesus interrupts our lives by getting into our plans (redirects our future), i.e. Peter left everything and followed Him.

Why would we want this? Because it allows us to witness the impossible become possible.

Mike was particularly impressed with Curtis' interpretation regarding point #1 - he took a different perspective than Mike had considered before. Mikey liked it!

We'll be going back next week. Can hardly wait!

No comments: