Sunday, September 25, 2011

15 Years

I just love my husband. This week we're celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. I look back and I can't remember all the reasons why I was in love with him when we got married, but I'm sure glad I had them. I know why I love him right this moment. I was just thinking today about how lucky I am because there are things that have just worked out that I'm pretty sure I didn't much consider fifteen years ago. Here's a short list:

* He loves Jesus. - At the time we got married, we were both believers but wandering in the desert. This did not seem all too important at the time, but has become to mean everything since!

* He's a creative artist and simultaneously a sports fan. - He'll go to both the theater and the ballpark with me.

* He thinks I make the best burritos and enchiladas in the world. - Shhh...don't tell him any different.

* He doesn't notice dirt and/clutter. - Sure takes the pressure off doing housework. Of course, he also doesn't help much with it either.....

* He likes cats. - He'll even feed her sometimes.

There are many other things I love about him (his voice, his eyes, his passion, his encouragement, his vulnerability....) and I'm so glad he's stuck it out with me. There have certainly been, are and will be hard times, but I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Here's to 15 more! :)

Mom said...

Sniff, sniff.....