Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Tomboy's New Clothes

The Setting: Houston - bright sunny day; Mom - loves to find a good deal; Extra jingle - I didn't get that second job for nothing; Talbot's Outlet - heaven.

I can't remember the last time I went shopping with any intent to buy myself clothes. I've been existing for years on hand-me-downs and presents from Mom. So this was exciting, but scary - what will I find? what do I need? what if I choose wrong? where do I stop? :)

Oh, but I love Talbot's clothes! So - I got two pairs of pants and one pair of capri's (my first) for a grand total of $50 (regularly priced at $144). I was looking for a top to go with the capri's, but I didn't find just the right thing, so I stopped. It's silly, but there's just something about having clothes that are for me that were never anyone else's first. Am I giddy? Just a little...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was fun, wasn't it? I didn't realize the thought behind our trip to Talbot's. Maybe you didn't either until later. I'm glad it was a success.

Gena said...

Of course, I wouldn't tell you ahead of time, just in case you ended up not wanting to go. You know I'm about as emotional as Dad...