Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Christmas Crunch

Wow! Once again, I'm caught off guard as Christmas is just around the corner (like, Thursday!). It's hard to think Christmas when it's 80 degrees outside (even though it did snow here about a week ago. Is that a pre-cursor to the end of days - snow in Houston?!). But there's a cold front coming tonight, so the week should feel a little bit more wintry, and I hope to get those last minute Christmas things done a little sooner than the last minute.

We discovered water on the bathroom floor last week, which turned into having a hole cut in the bedroom ceiling downstairs, another one in the upstairs closet, the bathroom tile pulled up, the bedroom carpet removed and a whole bunch of fans and dehumidifiers running as I type. It ain't fun, but I never liked that tile anyway, and I have such big plans for what I'm going to do to that bathroom next. Granted, we'll have to do it in about 50 phases to afford it, but I'm hoping maybe by next Christmas?

I've got three more shows to work at Theater Under the Stars (helping in the gift shop), and then I can focus on cleaning up some of this mess and getting ready for my folks being in town. I love being so close to my family! Of course, I still have day job at X-ISS which is going very well. But I'm taking off from Christmas day through New Year's. Mike is learning the "other" show at the Space Center so has extra training days on his schedule right now. And being the new guy, he's getting some of the yucky days (i.e weekend after Christmas), but he's hanging in there, and really does enjoy it.

Not much time for anything else! Merry Christmas!

No comments: