Thursday, June 26, 2008

On Second Thought (Third?)

Well, I'm pleased to tell you that cooler heads prevailed. What we thought to be wisdom, others believed to be over-reaction, and the townhouse deal went through. We are now homeowners once again (Mike's swearing "never again" to the contrary). The move-in is scheduled for this weekend. We've actually hired help this time which should also strengthen our marriage considerably. I'm hoping to get the folks or Gerald to take some of them fancy digital pictures for me, so I can show everyone. It's a about 1100 square feet, 30 years old, and not too smelly. :)

Even better, it's only 5 minutes from my office. So tomorrow is my last "commute". This morning there was a terrible accident with fatalities that shut down all lanes along my regular route. The good news is, Mike brought me to work today so he could do some stuff on the house - that meant we got to drive in the HOV and get around the problem. It's not nice to think of these horrible accidents as traffic inconveniences. Someone's life just ended, and the rest of us are irritated because it took an extra hour to get to work. I'm grateful to be getting out of that mode of thinking, sad that the problem continues.

Anyway, Mom and Dad and Gerald are going to help us paint the place before we move in furniture, so I guess we need prayers for harmony and mutual affection! I'll write later about the results.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell which "results" you are referring to in the last paragraph: the harmony/affection or the final results of the move. :) Maybe both!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.