Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Harmony and mutual affection prevail - mostly

We're moved in and back online. The painting is almost done. Really, we're so close! We've had all kinds of little snags along the way, but I do believe we're going to like the place. And, thanks to hiring movers and having help from the family, our marriage is still intact!

We went to the little church down the road on Sunday. It was good. We enjoyed it and even got invited to lunch! Believe it or not, we actually accepted and had ourselves a great time. Maybe we've found a home. That would be cool.

I've been doing Bible study using a book by Kelly Minter titled "No Other Gods". It's very well written, and it's really helping me see some things about myself that I need to address. For example, I've fallen into a pattern of expecting God to disappoint me - like He's picking on me or something. And I'm afraid to find out what He'll do next. Now, I know this is not correct thinking, but this study has helped me see that I act like it is. Anyway, I'm hoping God will continue to show me the truth and help me get over myself.

There were some specific verses this week that hit me:
Psalm 112:7
Proverbs 3:24
John 14:27
and really bringing it home - 1 John 4:18

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were some good times had by all! Mom

Anonymous said...

I didn't click anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Rats!