Saturday, June 14, 2008

Disappointed

I was going to title this entry "Retraction", but I just did that a couple of weeks ago. Today we decided to withdraw our offer on the townhouse I was talking about. It's really disappointing because I thought we were finally putting in some real roots here by purchasing a home. Things just weren't coming together right, and it was starting to feel like moving forward with the purchase would not be a wise decision.

We've been praying for direction for so long, I don't know that we would recognize an answer if we got one. But I do think God gives us wisdom when we need it, even when we don't want to listen. I mean, I really wanted this townhouse purchase to happen. I recognize my tendency to force things, so I tried to step back and let Mike decide. But that sweet man doesn't want me to be disappointed, so he was wanting me to decide. Both of us knowing that we should back off but not wanting to face the decision. But we did.

Anyway, this makes life hard (isn't it always?) as we've already given our notice on our apartment, and even without buying this townhouse, we need to still move somewhere closer to my office. So we're apartment hunting again. Yuck! I really should keep packing, but I just didn't feel like it today. Maybe I'll have some renewed energy tomorrow.

For now, I'm simply going to re-read Psalm 31.

2 comments:

Abba's Girl said...

Lord please give them direction as they seek Your will in their living situation. Please give them clarity and confirmation. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Anonymous said...

I told you it would work out...Yea You!!!