Friday, January 25, 2008

The Voice of Truth

"The Voice of Truth" is a song by Casting Crowns, I think. I should google it to be sure, but I am almost sure, so I'll go with that. Anyway, that's my current favorite song. I don't have the CD (or I would know 100% if it is Casting Crowns), and I should probably open up the iPod I have and see if I can download the mp3, but that's not why I'm writing this. Quit getting me off track!

THE POINT is that the song speaks to our situation right now. It's about being David against Goliath, or having the faith to step out of the boat and walk on water - that kind of thing. The knowledge that something just really isn't possible, but doing it anyway because God is in charge, not you. It's an encouragement to listen to the "Voice of Truth" instead of the voices of the world.

So the world is telling us right now that what we're doing makes no sense. There's no possibility of success according to the world's standards. And yet, we are choosing to ignore them because we believe God has called us to do what we're doing. Besides, we're not seeking success according to the world's standards. We're just trying to be obedient.

So this little blog entry is the up side of my mood swing (the last blog was the down side). I just keep praying that God will allow me to stay here for a while. And I thank Him for inspiring Casting Crowns (or whoever) to write and record "The Voice of Truth."

No comments: