Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Mellow Day

I'm not having any profound thoughts lately - not that I ever actually have any. But sometimes I feel more compelled to share than others. And sometimes I don't share because I think no one will really be all that interested. But this isn't about anyone but me, so what's the difference?

Anyway, today was a pretty nice day. We went to church at The Met (it's about the fifth visit, I think), and we attended Sunday School for the second time in the Salt Mine class. They're studying Micah. It was almost completely different people from when we attended last time, so I guess the class is bigger than just the dozen or so we first met. And they like to speak up, which is always nice. Otherwise, Mike and I can pretty well monopolize a discussion and really frustrate a teacher. The study was good, too short, and everyone was really nice. I always struggle with trying to fit in what with Mike and my age difference and then the fact that we don't have kids, it just seems like we don't have a lot in common with most folks. Of course, none of our friends are like us, anyway, so I don't know what I get all worked up about.

The service was good. Pastor Sal is gearing up for a series on prayer, which has always been a struggle for me. So I guess we're going back for the duration to see if he can inspire me to new prayerful heights. I don't mean to sound sarcastic (that's just the way I always sound), but it's hard to stop and open your own mind sometimes. Nevertheless, he did have some interesting things to say (based out of 1 Kings, surprisingly), and I look forward to the next few weeks. There's also a daily Bible study that goes along with the series, which I think is pretty cool.

I'm trying to find a women's Bible study to go to, but the one's at The Met are all during the day. The stay-at-home mom is the newest trend it would seem. Beth Moore's current study over at First Baptist is "Breaking Free". I could go to that one, I guess. I'm sure I would discover some things from which I need to break free, but I feel like it's not the time and I would be crashing the party. So, I'm still looking.

Coming home, we decided to take the long way and ooh and aah over all the monster houses in Champions Forest (unbelievable!). And we saw a Gringo's Mexican Restaurant, so we stopped for lunch. (There's a Gringo's over by my brother's that we've been to, but we didn't know there was one by us.) It was pretty good, and I have lunch for tomorrow, too!

Unfortunately, the day turned ugly when we got home and the Cowboys ended their season with a disappointing loss to the Giants. I even put on my Cowboys t-shirt, but it just didn't seem to help. So my favorite pastime is, for all intents and purposes, over for the year. I'll still probably watch the games next week and the SuperBowl, but my heart won't be in it. Maybe March Madness will be good. We'll see.

That's about it. A day in the life...

No comments: