Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just to be

I'm selfish. And I can justify it because everyone else is just as selfish or more so. So there.

Really, I don't know how people deal with their lives. All I have to do is go to work and then come home and take care of the home and the husband. And even with just that, I long for a whole day of having nothing to do. And I mean nothing. I don't want to clean anything or put anything away or cook anything or drive anywhere or talk to anyone or feed anyone or pay anyone or answer the phone or email or plan anything or decide anything. I just want to be - for one day.

But I don't see that ever happening. It would probably be boring. (But I still think I want to find out.) Maybe I'm just lazy. I know I'm tired.

Then I think about my brother. He's a single dad with one full-time handful of a teen aged son and one part-time responsibility of a 5-year-old princess. He never gets a break. Seriously, it's one thing after another. If anyone's tired and needs a real day off, it's him.

So, I think if I ever come across a day when I can just be, I'll give it to him. He really deserves it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that! :)