Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ecuador


Ximena

I sponsor a child (Ximena) from Ecuador through Compassion International. I've been doing this for a couple of years now. I picked Ecuador because it's a place I hope someday to visit. Mike went on a summer mission to HCJB in Quito when he was in college (LONG time ago - I was preparing for Kindergarten at the time). Anyway, he really has a heart for Ecuador and would love to go back. 

This week there's a group of bloggers visiting Ecuador with Compassion and blogging about their experiences. Two of the bloggers I follow regularly and the others I might start! It's already been very moving to read their first few articles. And incredibly interesting to get the different perspectives from such very different "voices".

If you're interested or slightly curious, just click the Ecuador picture up in the right hand corner to go to the blog roll on Compassion's website. Highly recommended.


Oh, and does anyone know why I can't ever get a cake out of a bundt pan in one piece? I'm greasing it up plenty. Too much? Should I be flouring the pan, too? Or maybe I'm not baking it long enough or hot enough?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following a few of them, too. :)
As for the bundt cake, the only thing that's worked for me is Crisco shortening and flour...and even that doesn't work great. I have baking issues. ;)

Gena said...

Cool! Ill try the Crisco/flour method next time (if there is a next time).

Mom said...

I have used Pam and flour. Always use flour whether you use shortening or Pam.