Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baseball Time

No one goes to Astros games anymore - it's crazy expensive unless you're sitting in the upper deck. Plus just about every game is on t.v. now. Much better view from my couch and the snacks are cheaper and pretty tasty at that. And it's not like they're winning or anything.

However, they were running a 10 games for $20 special, and even in the upper deck, that's a pretty good deal. So we'll be going to 4 games over the course of 7 days starting Thursday. I'm really excited! I like being at the game. It's fun to keep score, and I hear they got a new awesome HD scoreboard. We'll get to see Lance play agin, too.

Downside is I can't see how my fantasy team is doing while we're at the game. Also, the concessions are still quite pricy. Plus we've never been to that many games in that short a time - do I have the stamina? Can I hang with the diehards? We shall see...



UPDATE: Last night's game was a lot of fun even though we lost. But just to show how few people actually go to the games anymore...we got to the ballpark about 10 minutes before game time, and we found street parking. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: