Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Surrender?!

I've been ponderin' (that's Texan for "considering") the word "Surrender". I believe part of my struggle with surrendering myself to the Lord is my perception of that word. Surrender brings to mind quitting, giving up, giving in, losing, capitulating, waving the white flag. These are not good things to my mind. So, I started ponderin', and I expanded my definition a bit to be stepping aside, stop fighting, hand over the reins, release, get out of the way, join the winning team, throw yourself on the mercy of your enemies. These seem to be gentler, more positive, and that last seems a little odd, but true. Until we surrender to Jesus and accept His sacrifice, we are enemies of God. Thankfully, His mercy is vast! So I ain't quittin'! But I will get out of the way, stop fighting and hand over the reins.

No comments: