Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rock Star (stolen blog entry)

I was so going to do this over the weekend, and forgot! So I'm stealing this idea from kelliebean's zoo, and she got it from GlamLife's blog.

Here are the rules:

1 - Go to "wikipedia." Hit “random”or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random. The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

My band is: Arachnis

2 - Go to "Random quotations" by clicking: http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3. The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

Our album: The Crown of Life

3 - Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”or click http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days. no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

And the cover:
















I was on a roll there until my first cover didn’t copy over – when I went back, of course, I got something totally different. This guy! But I can work with this. Here’s the finished product (obviously this guy must be the drummer or the bass player or some other white rhythm trash type).


That was fun (for me)! I'm going to do at least a band a week -- don't worry, I won't involve anyone else in my madness (at least as far as this little whim takes me).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that guy scares me. :)

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Retire in Flagstaff? It is gorgeous up there...but y'all should probably winter in Tucson. I'm just sayin'... (and YES, Sedona is crazy expensive, but the hiking is great!)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like fun. Go ahead and share your other creations.

Anonymous said...

Well, since I don't blog, I'll just tell you what I got: Album name: "Tillie's Punctured Romance", Song: "There Are Human Beings", Cover: b/w photo of baby with gap-tooth grin.

Gena said...

Oh, Mom - Your band sounds much cooler than mine!