Thursday, August 28, 2008

Draft Day

Today was draft day for my fantasy football league. This will be my third year, but this time I'm the commissioner of my own league. We have 8 teams - me, mom, dad, brother, husband, mother-in-law, uncle, and cousin. The draft alone was really fun.

My uncle and cousin are veteran ff players, and are trash-talking like you wouldn't believe. My brother practically chose the entire Houston Texans team. My husband is all strategy. MIL let the computer auto-pick for her (and got a pretty good team). Mom went mostly Cowboys. And Dad started with the computer, but couldn't just sit by and watch, so jumped in at the end. Now we all have to wait two weeks for the season to start.

So one of the best things about moving back to Texas from the Pacific Time Zone is that the football games start after church here. In Reno we would have to go to Saturday night church during football season. But here, we can just squeak in the Sunday morning service. It's great!

Looking forward to the out-of-town fam coming in for big brudder's b-day tomorrow. It'll be nice to see everyone and have the long weekend to do it. It'll also keep me distracted the week before football season starts. Did I mention I like football? Anyway, so far so fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you put "one" of the best things about returning to Texas is the time zone....

Gena said...

And you are another "one" of those best things. :)