Saturday, August 2, 2008

Did I mention it was hot?

Wow! Hot! It only reached 99 degrees today, but it was a wet heat. Man! We went to the church this morning to help out with some grounds keeping. We were there 3 hours and were mostly in shade, but it was just so hot! I've never been much good at pulling weeds, but I did my best. I could barely get up off the sidewalk when it was time to go. I'm not even 40 yet! Whew. So we came home for lunch and never made it back. I took a shower and slept for about 2 hours. It's embarrassing how actual labor wipes me out.

Anyway, it did feel kinda good to be working on someone else's stuff instead of our own for a change. And our little stretch of "grounds" that we worked on does look much better now than this morning. Too bad we wimped out. It was disappointing that we couldn't accomplish as much as we wanted. Sad, too, that the "new people" made up a quarter of the entire work force that came out. Maybe I just didn't see everyone, and they got the cushy inside work, but it seemed pretty slim. I sure had hoped to test that "many hands make light work" idea.

So tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 101 degrees! Won't that be fun! Good thing we got the a/c fixed. Unfortunately, we're going to be getting a bill for that....

No comments: