Sunday, October 5, 2008

Moving On

Well, we were at my folks place for 10 days until we got notified that my office had power and there was work to be done. So we came home. No power at our place, though. It was five more days before our power came on and another five more days before we had hot water (we're on a community boiler). Other than that, we survived without a scratch. Pretty amazing really, when you see the damage others are having to deal with. There are still piles and piles of tree limbs and other debris along every street, just waiting for crews to get time to pick them up.

Mike's ministry basically came to a standstill, as everything he does depends on his access to electricity and his computer (special software), so there hasn't been a new "Rock Shop" since September 13. He's working on it as I write this, though. So, be prepared!

In the midst of all this, Mike got a new job -- he's now in training to be a Missions Briefing Officer at the Space Center. The MBO does the presentations (at the visitor's center) that explain how the astronauts live in space and what the current missions are. Very interesting stuff, and Mike's having a blast.

In a new twist, my brother has moved into our front room for a few weeks or however long. We stayed with him for 6 - 8 weeks when we first came to the Houston area, and we're happy to be able to return the favor. If anyone knows of a job opening for a talented video editor and graphics guy, let me know!

I continue to be amazed at God's provision. We don't have a lot, but He always makes sure we have what we need.

1 comment:

Kristine Brown said...

Gena -- I talk too much, too (or sometimes I can't find the words... maybe there's a happy medium to be had someday!). Praise the Lord for blogs. I appreciate your thoughts and am I love seeing a glimpse of your life in Texas. I'll be checking in, to be sure!